Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to RSS Email me

Friday, 30 November 2012

The Night Before Christmas {Flashback Friday}

The theme for this week's Flashback Friday is Christmas traditions and while we have a lot of traditions the thing I remember most from when I was little is Christmas Eve. Our Christmas days were different year to year depending on where we were for our dinner and who else was there but Christmas Eve has always been the same for as far back as I can remember and it's still the same now in my own house, with my own little family.

Firstly my parents would start preparing Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve so the house always smelled amazing. Me and my brother would have a bath and my Mum would leave our new Christmas pyjamas on our beds to get changed into. New pyjamas are a must for Christmas Eve, this is probably the most important tradition kept up in my house! More often than not she would then plait my wet hair so it would be curly for Christmas Day. We then had to have an obligatory photo taken in front of the Christmas Tree, with our poor pets who were pounced on and grappled to stay still. In our house Father Christmas wasn't a fan of the traditional mince pie and sherry, we left a brandy and a Mars Bar. Coincidently, this was my Mum's favourite drink and my Dad's favourite chocolate! We haven't done this yet in our house but I think the sherry may be substituted for a whiskey. I still keep up the tradition of us having photos in front of the tree although I didn't manage to get the cat on one last year. I've dug out a small selection of our Christmas Eve photos and even thrown in one I found of hubby too. This year I will make sure that Lucas is subjected to the pyjama Christmas Eve shot, including cat!



 








I'm linking this up to Mummy Mishaps and Real Housewife of Suffolk Country.


laurensflashbackbadge1
flashbackbadge1

8 comments:

  1. I love your pictures infront of the tree! Very sweet idea. Getting my two to pose together is usually a challenge hehe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I don't know how my Mum did it! Must have been chocolate involved :) x

      Delete
  2. I love Xmas traditions - I think I am going to adopt your 'New Pyjama' one. I love that. Look how small Lucas is on that photo. So sweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Vicki, you definitely have to do new pyjamas for Christmas...it's a must. My mum still buys them for all of us!

      Delete
  3. awww Hayley what lovely memories you have shared both with your words and your great photos. I love the fact that a mince pie was replaced by a mars bar lol @@ i think i am going to use a new pair of pjs on xmas eve so the boys have nice ones to wear for opening their Father Christmas presents and for all the photos!!
    the photo of you now with your own little family is lovely x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Christmas pyjamas are a must! Looking back my mum probably did it for the morning photos! xx

      Delete
  4. I love this! Lovely tradition and how great to be able to look through all of these photos.
    Apparently this year Father Christmas wants a bottle of whiskey from us!
    Thank you for linking up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad Father Christmas requests things in your house too! xx

      Delete

Let me know what you are thinking - I love to read your comments.

 

Hayley from Home | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012