Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Subscribe to RSS Email me

Monday, 29 October 2012

Happy Halloween


Over on Mummy Mishaps, Jenny set up a little linky for 'Halloween Me'. I had so much fun with this! Check out PicMonkey if you would like to do your own before Halloween is all over.

The Last Witch in Nantwich

Her eyes are black. She owns a broom.
I've seen her in a pointy hat.
I found a witch-knot in her room,
And sometimes, in the evening gloom,
When corners fade, and shadows bloom,
I've caught her talking to the cat.

My mum's a witch, I should have guessed
That morning, when I found the toad.
It looked a bit like Mr Best
Who used to live across the road.

The kids were all afraid of him,
But now, they say, he's gone for good,
He used to argue with my mum
He never really understood.

My mum's a witch, a wicked witch,
I've seen her in that pointy hat.
On moonlit nights, she rides a broom,
She keeps a witch-knot in her room,
And last night, in the evening gloom,
When corners fade, and shadows bloom,
I caught her talking to the cat




2 comments:

  1. i love the poem you have included here !!
    YOu look quite pretty as a green witch! and i am laughing at your cat in the hat in the background!! brilliant!
    thanks so much for linking up x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still laughing at my cat in the background! Didn't plan it just a happy coincedence. Halloween me and my cat :) xx

      Delete

Let me know what you are thinking - I love to read your comments.

 

Hayley from Home | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012